Products & Services
Serving your hearing needs for THREE Generations
Trust your hearing to a Doctor of Audiology
What to Expect from a Hearing Test
Hearing problems affect your overall quality of life, which is why it is important to get regular checkups in order to get ahead of potential issues.
Below are the 4 steps in the hearing assessment process. They will help us to understand your unique hearing needs and create a solution that fits your lifestyle.
#1 – Getting to Know YOU.
During your visit with your hearing care specialist you may be asked some of the following questions…
- Does anyone in your family have hearing loss?
- What medications have you taken that may affect your hearing?
- Have you had any injuries or illnesses that have affected your hearing?
- Has your job or any recreational activities affected your hearing?
- What situations are most difficult for you to hear?
#2 – The Examination
Next, your hearing specialist will physically examine your ears with an otoscope to check for wax buildup, infection, or anything else that could compromise your hearing. This painless process just takes a couple seconds per ear.
#3 – Audiological Evaluation
This step involves determining the nature of your hearing difficulty using one or more of the following test. Your results will be charted on an audiogram which will show any hearing impairment.
- Audiometric pure tone evaluation to measure your hearing at different frequencies.
- Speech evaluation to measure how well you hear and understand normal conversation.
- Immittance middle ear evaluation to measure how well your eardrum and hearing react to various degrees of air pressure.
#4 – Treatment Options
In this final step your hearing specialist will recommend and explain the benefits of specific solutions for your level of hearing loss and for your individual lifestyle. Whether it involves hearing aids, assistive listening devices, your needs and specific solutions will be discussed.
The hearing aid brands we carry are as follows:
- and more…
We accept most major insurance plans, including:
- CenCal Health
- United Healthcare
Brands We Carry:
We accept major insurance plans—including: